This is the central church of Velvento. It was founded in 1804 and was completed in 1807. The Parish church Kimiseos tis Theotokou is a big three aisled Basilica. The iconostasis and the rest artworks of the church compose a masterpiece of ecclesiastic heritage. The motifs are countless: flowers, thorns, vines, holy and human figures, vases, suns two-headed eagles, angels, deer, hares, lions, pelicans, snakes, doves and many other, which harmonically come together and transform the lifeless wood into an eye-pleasing marvel. The church pillars divide the church in 3 parts and are made of exceptional column capitals of mixed Corinthian and ionic rhythm. Part of the iconostasis of the old Church of Ioannis Prodromos is kept inside the sanctuary of the church, which stood, where the Church Kimiseos tis Theotokou was later built.